Minutes of a Meeting of the Committee held at 18 Sandbourne Road
at 2pm on Monday 27th November 2017
Present: John Barker (President), Ken Mantock (Chairman), Jean Bird (Vice Chairman), Hilda Brownlow, Elaine Cooper, Peter Lucas, Beryl Parker (Social Secretary), and Paul Newsome (Minutes Secretary)
- Apologies: Sally McGrath (Membership Secretary), John Soane (Built
Environment`Officer, and James Weir (Heritage and Conservation Officer)
- The minutes for the meeting held on 23rd October were agreed
- Matters Arising from the Minutes.
- Peer Review of the Planning Department. The President would represent the
Society at the Peer Review
- Local Development Framework – now known as The Planning Policy
Steering Group. The group reviewed:
- Minerals (Sand and Gravel) Strategy
- The Waste Management Plan
- ‘Right Homes in Right Places’
- Updates on Local Plan Review and Heritage & Conservation
- Built Environment.
- A338/Bournemouth Hospital. Waiting for the plan to be lodged at the Council.
- Heritage and Conservation.
- Westover Road Cinemas. The ‘ABC’ plan had been rejected
- Cliff End Hotel. We are waiting details of a meeting with Meyrick Estate and their
- Boscombe and Pokesdown. A meeting considering the local plan was imminent.
- Echo Building. Waiting for information from Peter Tisdale of THAT Group
- See John Soane’s report:
- 5-7 Priory Road (Trouville Hotel). The plan to replace the hotel with a six storey block of flats (35 residential and 10 holiday) was more or less satisfactory, but improvements to the fenestration was needed. No car parking – nearest at Avenue Road or the BIC?
- 97 Ashley Road (Portman Hotel). The proposed extension and creation of 23 flats
and one house was not satisfactory – the flats were too small
- 16 Vale Road. The design for the proposed 9 flats required improvement
- 1-5 Hendford Road. The proposed infill for two houses – much too small.
- 115-123 Seabourne Road. The proposed 3rd storey extension should be deferred
- 647 Christchurch Road. A second floor extension to create flats
- Planning Sub-Committee. The Society’s Planning Sub-Committee did not need
- Planning Board Observations. Elaine attended the meeting on 20th November
- Dean Park Cricket Ground. Plans were rejected.
- Durley Road Car Park. The plans for the car park were exhibited at the Hallmark Hotel. Concern was expressed at the lack of replacement parking – nearest would be
- 40 Florence Road. The proposed replacement of a Victorian Villa with minute flats
- St Alban’s Rest Home. The proposal to replace the rest home with two blocks of flats
- Old Fire Station, Wimborne Road. The refurbished flats were to a high standard
- Communications Timetable. Ken and Beryl will have draft Newsletter and 2018 Activities Sheet to Marquee Print by 11th December ready for Sally to envelope over Christmas.
- Civic Voice. Communications had been distributed.
- Bournemouth 2026 AGM at the Pavilion on 25th November
- Bournemouth-in-Bloom. An invitation to take part in the National
competition in 2018 was expected.
- Activities Officer’s Report.
- Christmas Lunch. 50 booked, a small number of vacancies remained
- Soup and Sandwich. The November event went well. The dates for 2018 had
been agreed with the hotel
- Membership Officer’s Report. One new member.
- Webmaster’s Report. The website was ‘up and running’
- Treasurer’s Report: Current account – £2,466.36, CAF account – £7,412.37
- Any Other Business.
17.1 Visit to Andrew England. Next meeting on Friday 1st December. Items for discussion to include:
- Bournemouth Hospital,
- ‘Right Homes in Right Places,
- Cliff End Hotel
- A 338
- Belvedere Hotel
- Winter Gardens
- C1 Bus
- Provision of Public Toilets
- The Hotel School
- Poole Hill
- Standards for the size of flats.
19 Next Meetings. The next meeting would be on 22nd January at 18 Sandbourne Road
The meeting closed at 15.05
22nd January 2018 Chairman